Acquiring your education through a traditional school classroom setting gives you a huge opportunity for learning and growth not only mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually but socially as well.
There has long been a debate between children going to school or being home-schooled. Some feel that being schooled at home as advantages over going to a school. One stated advantage is that the child gets undivided attention in learning without the problem of over crowding in a regular school. Another advantage of being taught at home is that the parent has control over the curriculum and not having to worry about what the schools are actually teaching.
Another advantage to home schooling is something new. The very real threat of violence at schools, as this has become a very real concern today.
One disadvantage of a child being taught at home is that it can isolate a child from neighborhood kids and friends. This can possibly cause a child to feel left out or lonely.
Here are the advantages of going to a traditional school:
• Education through a traditional school classroom setting gives you an on hand or actual experience of the whole learning process and activities.
• Being part of a classroom, gives you a sense of belongingness.
• Classroom activities that involve students’ participation, recitation, presentation or reporting can help improve your self-confidence.
• Your exposure to a huge number of people or fellow students gives you the privilege to gain more friends. And what is more advantageous about this is the fact that the people you meet and make friends with can become your business contacts, business partners or you can make them as your reference in the future.
• Being in a crowd of students and professors, all with different personalities, cultures, beliefs, opinions, and upbringing and so on can help enhance your socialization skills. Your presence in the school campus allows you to interact with different individuals, hear different opinions, suggestions, remarks and listen to opposing ideas. This is a training itself on your socialization skills on how you interact and deal with different people in different situations or circumstances.
• Acquiring your education through a classroom setting gives you a direct access or contact to your professor. In a class discussion proper, it will be easy for you to clarify right away lessons or topics that you find a bit confusing. Also, you will get the answer right away directly from your professor.
• In a classroom setting, a professor usually encourages students to participate in a class discussion by asking them questions and by sharing their opinions. This is also a teacher’s way to check if the students are listening or not. Through this, students listening and reasoning skills will be enhanced further.
• Acquiring your education through this setting can be fun and exciting because you belong in a group. You have classmates and friends who study and learn along with you. You can inspire and motivate one another to enjoy and love schooling. Unlike an online education or online schooling that it can be boring. That is why you need to have a firm determination and discipline to set a study habit and motivate your own self to finish it or graduate from your online school as possible.
• There are a lot of things, actual training and exposures that you can learn when you are attending a traditional school setting. Socializing alone can help improve your personality, confidence and maturity level.
* Another advantage of going to a traditional school is the added advantage of after school activities. Most schools provide all types of after school activities that include chess clubs, astronomy clubs, other tyes of clubs, one on one help in a subject, and after school sports like football, basketball, baseball, soccer, swimming and more after school activities.